The islands in Nha Trang are famous for their ravishing beauty and attract millions of tourists every year. If you have the opportunity to come to this coastal city, take your time to explore the following 8 islands in Nha Trang, you will not be disappointed.
Top 8 famous islands in Nha Trang
Diep Son Island
Diep Son Island consists of 3 small islands, located in the waters of Van Phong Bay. The journey to discover the island starts from Van Gia town, after about an hour floating on the sea, the beautiful Diep Son archipelago will gradually appear in front of your eyes, clearly cut on the horizon.
The most special thing in Diep Son is the journey to conquer the extremely unique and interesting undersea road nearly 700m long, connecting the middle island with the big Diep Son island. The road is winding, about 1m wide and less than half a meter deep under the clear blue sea.
Walking on this road brings a feeling of great excitement, mixed with suspense and a little fear when you have to step in the middle of the vast ocean. You can enjoy watching the schools of small fish swimming on both sides, from time to time see the fish jumping out of the water as if waving to the passing boat.
Yen Island – Hon Noi
Yen Island – Hon Noi is one of the beautiful islands in Nha Trang, and is also the most remote island exploited for tourism. Here, Khanh Hoa Yen Sao Company mainly exploits precious products of nature bestowed on Khanh Hoa. Therefore, this place does not seem to have any foreign tourists to visit.
To get to Yen Island – Hon Noi, you only need to book a tour. Because it mainly operates in the dry seasons, and the number of tourists is limited, Yen Island is always visited by tourists and even booked a month in advance. Yen Island has a very wild beauty with some similarities with Diep Son Island. The main highlight is the road in the middle of the sea separating the two sides into two different beaches. If you have the opportunity to come to Nha Trang, let’s experience this unique island once
Mun Island – Famous islands in Nha Trang
The first famous island in Nha Trang that the Vietnam Reviewer wants to introduce is Hon Mun Island. Hon Mun is known as “The big house of creatures in the ocean”. Therefore, Hon Mun still retains its original wild beauty, and no architectural works are allowed to be built here.
Hon Mun is not only famous for having the clearest blue beach in Nha Trang. But there are also very attractive activities to explore the ocean such as scuba diving, snorkeling. If you have the opportunity to visit Mun Island, please try to experience this sport.
Monkey Island (Hon Lao)
Monkey Island is a small island located in Nha Phu Bay, Ninh Phu Commune, Ninh Hoa Town, Khanh Hoa Province, about 15km north of Nha Trang city center. This is home to more than 1200 monkeys including many different species such as the gray-haired macaque and the red-faced macaque.
Monkey Island is divided into 4 main areas: monkey sanctuary, circus performance area, beach area, and virtual photography area. In which, the monkey sanctuary and the circus performance area are two places you should not miss because here you can play with the monkeys, feed them, take pictures and watch the smart monkeys perform circus. After playing tired, you can rest at the huts and enjoy swimming in the beach area.
Hon Tam Island – Famous islands in Nha Trang
Hon Tam Island is ranked and voted as an attractive island and worth going among the beautiful islands in Nha Trang by many travel magazines. Although it has been invested and built, the island of Tam still retains its own wild and friendly beauty. Today, the island of Tam is an entertainment and resort complex. Including 3 completely separate areas: a high-class resort, beach play area, and mud bathing service area on the back of the mountain.
Whale Island (Hon Ong)
The next place among the beautiful islands in Nha Trang is Ca Whale Island, also known as Hon Ong. This is an island located in Van Phong Bay in Van Ninh District, Khanh Hoa Province, nearly 100km from Nha Trang City. Hon Ong Island is uninhabited and has only one resort, so it still retains the original wild and peaceful features with lush green forests all year round, becoming an ideal resort for families.
Orchid Island – Famous islands in Nha Trang
Hoa Lan Island (also known as Hoa Lan Stream) is located on the Hon Heo peninsula in Ninh Phu Commune, about 18km north of Nha Trang. Here you will admire more than 100 species of orchids blooming with many different types such as fire king, sea nest, springtime, narcissus, imitation crane, golden scallop,… covered along the path makes visitors feel lost in the land of flowers.
Besides, visitors can also take pictures to check in with lovely models of Mickey Mouse, Pooh Bear, and Donald Duck. In particular, Hoa Lan Island is not only a land of flowers, but it is also a place to keep traces of the Cham people from ancient times, with high historical and archeological significance.
Binh Ba Island – Famous islands in Nha Trang
Binh Ba Island is one of the familiar names to most tourists coming to Nha Trang city. Binh Ba Island belongs to a key military area of Vietnam, so it is not exploited in the tourism industry as strongly as other islands. However, this place still attracts a lot of domestic tourists because the beauty here still retains the wildness and rusticity of nature as well as the locals here.
Binh Ba specialties have lobsters sold at original prices with many ways of processing the quality of fishermen. Because Binh Ba has been exploited for only a few years, the service price is still quite cheap. However, foreign tourists are currently not allowed to visit the island due to some issues of border rights.
Notes when visiting these famous islands in Nha Trang
- Nha Trang has a favorable climate, cool weather, so it is quite easy to travel all year round. However, summer is the peak time for tourism in Nha Trang, so if you go on this occasion, book your flight tickets and hotels early to get a good price.
- Means of transportation: In Nha Trang, there are many means of transportation such as motorbikes, taxis, canoes… depending on where you need to go, you can choose the right way to travel. But also do not forget to find out in advance, especially the means of transport that need to buy tickets and have a schedule such as canoes so as not to affect the trip.
- Because it is the hot season, when traveling to Nha Trang, you should prepare sunscreen such as a long-sleeved shirt, glasses, hat, sunscreen…
- When visiting the islands in Nha Trang, you need to prepare identification documents, find out in advance which islands to go to in Nha Trang, how to move, the ticket price to the islands in Nha Trang,…
- You can learn in advance about the specialties bought as gifts when visiting the islands in Nha Trang and remember to survey the price before buying so as not to be spoiled.
- If you come to Nha Trang for the first time and have no experience, you can book a tour to visit the islands in Nha Trang to be led to experience all the beautiful islands. Or you can refer to the super-economical self-sufficient travel experience of Nha Trang from the reviews of the islands in Nha Trang by those who have gone before to know the islands in Nha Trang and which ones to go to in Nha Trang!
Related Article: Top 9 beautiful and cheap homestays in Nha Trang
Hopefully, with this article, you will have the most useful information about the islands in Nha Trang for your upcoming trip. Vietnam Reviewer hopes that all of you will have a nice trip here. If you have any feedback or need help, please send an email through email@example.com!