What are the most convenient ways to get to Nha Trang? What is the popular means of transportation in Nha Trang? This is the question of many other tourists when coming to Nha Trang, especially foreigners. So let’s explore the means of transportation in Nha Trang and how to get to here with the Vietnam Reviewer!
Means of transportation to Nha Trang
Nha Trang is one of the most beautiful coastal cities in Vietnam with a very developed transportation system including road, rail, and air. Therefore, you can easily choose any suitable means to get to Nha Trang.
Currently, there are many airlines operating flights to Nha Trang such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar, and Bamboo Airways. Airfare to Nha Trang will depend on each airline and your departure location.
- From Noi Bai airport – Hanoi: it takes you less than 2 hours to fly to Nha Trang. The airlines operating this route are Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar, and Bamboo Airways. Flights depart daily, the earliest flight is 07:30 am and the latest is 5:10 pm, departing from Hanoi, returning from Nha Trang as early as 07:15 and as late as 19:50. Fares to Nha Trang range from 1.5 million to 2.5 million VND/ticket/round trip. For some low-cost airlines such as Vietjet Air and Jetstar, the ticket price can be lower if you can book promotion tickets, the price is only from 900,000 VND – 1.2 million VND/ticket/round trip. To hunt for cheap flight tickets to Nha Trang, you need to book at least 2-3 months in advance or choose the golden hours that airlines have promotions.
- Tan Son Nhat Airport, Ho Chi Minh: This is also the airport with many airlines operating direct flights to Nha Trang such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar, and Bamboo Airways. Flight time from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang takes just over 1 hour. The average ticket price of airlines ranges from 1.2 million to 2 million VND/round trip. Flight time is also very flexible from 06:00 to 20:10, giving you many options.
- Da Nang Airport: Currently, 3 main airlines are operating direct flights from Da Nang to Nha Trang, namely Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, and Bamboo Airways. The frequency is 2-3 flights per day, the departure time is flexible, the earliest departure from Da Nang is 12:40, the later flight is 14:35. Flight time from Da Nang to Nha Trang takes about 1 hour. The average price of a flight ticket from Da Nang to Nha Trang is from 1.2 million to 2.2 million VND/round-trip tickets.
Buses are one of the most economical means of transport to Nha Trang. However, this vehicle is only suitable for those who travel from Ho Chi Minh or the neighboring provinces of Nha Trang and Khanh Hoa. Because if you go from Hanoi by bus, it will take a lot of time (about 30 hours) and effort. If in Hanoi, you can book a plane ticket to Ho Chi Minh and take a bus to Nha Trang or the most convenient way is to book a direct flight to Nha Trang.
From Saigon to Nha Trang, if you go by car, it will take about 8-10 hours. So, which car company should you take to Nha Trang? Currently, many bus companies are operating this route, buses run daily, departing at many different hours, including evening and night, there are sleeper buses for you to choose from.
- Phuong Trang Bus: This bus route starts at Eastern Bus Station (292 Dinh Bo Linh, Binh Thanh District), the destination is the southern bus station of Nha Trang (58 Street 23/10, Nha Trang City). The ticket price is about 220,000 VND / person. Booking phone number: 1900 6067.
- Ha Linh Bus: Departs at the Eastern bus station, the destination is the Southern bus station of Nha Trang. The ticket price is about 170,000 VND / person. Booking phone number: 1900 969681.
- Phuong Nam Bus: Departure at 275E Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, the destination is 3 Nguyen Chanh, Nha Trang. The ticket price is about 200,000 VND / person. The phone number for booking: 0838 364086 – 0838 364668.
Besides, many other car companies are operating the Saigon – Nha Trang route that you can refer to such as Mai Linh bus, Kumho car, Minh Dung car, Hoang Long car,…
If you go to Nha Trang by bus, you should note some of the following information:
- Should buy a 45-seat bus ticket, the car is spacious, comfortable, and easy to recline.
- It is recommended to book a bus trip around 10 pm, arriving in Nha Trang around 6 am, so you will save travel time.
In the past, when the air route was not developed, the train was the most suitable means of traveling long distances, it was very safe. Today, although the air route is developed, if you do not have economic conditions, instead of booking a plane ticket to Nha Trang, you can still choose a train to Nha Trang because it is quite cost-effective.
Some trains going to Nha Trang that you can refer to are:
- Departure from Hanoi: TN1, SE1, SE3, SE5, SE7. Travel time from Hanoi to Nha Trang is about 24-28 hours. Ticket prices range from 500,000 VND to 1,400,000 VND/person/time depending on the type of cabin.
- Departing from Ho Chi Minh: SN4, SNT2. Train tickets range from 200,000 VND – 600,000 VND/person/time depending on the type of train compartment with a travel time of 8-10 hours.
Popular means of transportation in Nha Trang
One of the issues that you are most concerned about when traveling to Nha Trang is transportation. Means of transportation in Nha Trang are very diverse, you can choose for yourself the means of transport that best suits the purpose of your trip.
This is the most popular and convenient means of transportation in Nha Trang. If you travel to Nha Trang on your own or are a real backpacker, motorbikes will be a means not to be missed to explore every corner of the coastal city of Nha Trang. You can rent motorbikes at Nha Trang hotels or some motorbike rental addresses in the center of Nha Trang city, the rental price is from 50,000 VND – 200,000 VND / car/day (depending on the type of vehicle).
Taxi is also one of the popular means of transportation in Nha Trang. There are many taxi companies for you to choose from. Going from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang and vice versa costs about 250,000 – 300,000 VND / way because the distance from the airport to the city is more than 35km. Nha Trang travel experience, you should choose big taxi companies, with long-standing brands, and don’t forget to negotiate the price before you go.
This is a very popular form of public transport in the coastal city of Nha Trang. Currently, there are 6 main bus routes. The common ticket has a uniform price of 4,000 VND / ticket / one-way / route.
- Route 1: Thanh (Dien Khanh district) – Le Hong Phong – Vinh Truong. Route: 18km, there are two stations and 30 stops on the route.
- Route 2: Thanh – Tran Phu – Binh Tan. The route is 18km, with two stations and 27 stops.
- Route 3: Southern bus station – Northern bus station. The route is 8km, with two stations and 10 stops.
- Route 4: Duong Hien Quyen – Nguyen Thien Thuat – Cau Da. The route is 13km, with two stations and 21 stops.
- Route 5: Tran Phu Bridge – To Hien Thanh – Hon Ro 1. Route 13 km, has two stations and 20 stops.
- Route 6: Southern bus station – Luong Son market. The route is 15km, with two stations and 18 stops.
By Boats or Canoes
In addition to the above means, there is another means that you cannot ignore when traveling to Nha Trang, which is boats and canoes to visit the island. Most of the boats in Nha Trang depart from Cau Da wharf to visit many interesting small islands.
Related Article: Top 9 beautiful and cheap homestays in Nha Trang
Above are suggestions for transportation in Nha Trang for those who want to travel to or come here for the first time. Vietnam Reviewer hopes that all of you will have a nice trip here. If you have any feedback or need help, please send an email through email@example.com!
Noted: All information and pictures are collected!