After a long day of swimming and snorkeling around Phu Quoc, the evening is the right time to take a relaxing walk or find something to sip with friends. And Phu Quoc night market is the most suitable choice. If you are in the mood to discover what this market has that attracts so many visitors, then take a few minutes to read the article shared below!
Table of Contents
Top 5 Experiences Walking the night market in Phu Quoc is extremely useful
Location of Phu Quoc night market
I heard that it used to be Dinh Cau Night Market, but later moved to combine it with Bach Dang Night Market and changed its name to Phu Quoc Night Market. The market is very easy to find. When you get to the Bach Dang – Nguyen Dinh Chieu intersection, you will see bright lights and bustling people coming in and out.
What time does Phu Quoc Night Market open?
If it’s a night market, of course, it’s open at night, right? But usually around 4 pm the stalls start to sell and at around 11 pm, they start to close. Depending on the weather and customers, opening times may change early or late. However, the Phu Quoc night market is not open overnight!
What does Phu Quoc Night Market have?
Although it only lasts a few hours, Phu Quoc night market is always crowded with tourists and local people. Visitors to Phu Quoc night market can enjoy shopping and enjoying the specialties of Phu Quoc island with a full range of fresh seafood beautifully displayed.
- Seafood: If you don’t have the opportunity to go to Ham Ninh fishing village to eat seafood, the night market is always ready to serve you. Every restaurant here is crowded with customers from the West. Of course, the prices at the market will be higher than in other places, but if you “like it, just move”.
- Thai rolled ice cream: One thing that is quite special when coming to Phu Quoc night market is the inviting “clack” sound of the Thai rolled ice cream carts. I don’t know where, but here there are especially many, every ten meters there is an ice cream cart, causing the whole market to never stop bustling with “chop chop” melodies. This sound will probably be the first impression you remember when mentioning Phu Quoc night market.
- Churros – New dish at Phu Quoc night market: There is quite an attractive churros shop in the market, making everyone passing by take a look. Especially the small chocolate tower that flows continuously, giving off an extremely attractive flavor. After being hot fried, the cake is sprinkled with a layer of sugar and dipped in a layer of fragrant chocolate.
- Palmyra beefcake: Palmyra beefcake is only 5,000 VND/piece. For those of you in the South, it probably seems normal, but for those of you from the Central or Northern regions, there will probably be many people who don’t know about this palm fruit. Palm trees can withstand rain and sun but cannot withstand cold. This is a tree belonging to the areca family, the palm fruit is about the size of a coconut. Inside there are soft, white, fragrant segments with a sweet taste.
- Pearl: After eating “full face”, go around looking for gifts for relatives and friends. Phu Quoc is famous for its natural pearls, so the market also sells all kinds of pearls, from white, black, gray, and yellow. I heard from the seller that these were real pearls, it’s just that the quality wasn’t up to “selected goods” so the company excluded them. If you are not sure, you can visit the farm to buy directly there.
- Phu Quoc Pepper: Of course, you can’t miss the pepper stalls. Phu Quoc pepper is as famous as Dak Lak pepper!
What to buy at Phu Quoc night market?
If you only stop at the seafood stalls, you haven’t fully discovered the beauty of Phu Quoc night market. Not only do they sell a variety of quality seafood, ready to be packaged by the shop owner for you to take home, but in the night market, dozens of snack stalls make many diners ecstatic. Some of the specialties that many tourists choose include dried seafood, Phu Quoc fish sauce, candy, or canned seafood,… especially Among them are roasted peanuts with chou chou sugar – a floating gift language of Phu Quoc.
Be wary of travel services for sale at the night market
Currently, Phu Quoc night market has many people selling 1-day tours and car rentals. However, these people do not sit at a fixed counter but often follow, entice, and invite customers to buy services. It is really difficult to trust and there is no guarantee for tourists about the reputation of these individuals. However, many tourists still want to be cheap and book because of the extremely shocking prices these individuals introduce.
Related Article: Top 9 4-star resorts in Phu Quoc with “super beautiful” views
If you travel to Phu Quoc in the summer, don’t forget to visit the Phu Quoc night market in the evening, to enjoy special dishes in Phu Quoc and do not forget to bring back gifts for friends and family. close. Going to Phu Quoc night market on this holiday is like going to a Tet market in the delta, so there will be many interesting and attractive things that Phu Quoc is waiting for you on your upcoming spring trip! Let’s start your trip to Phú Quốc with us! If you have any feedback or need help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Noted: All information and pictures are collected!