Can Tho tourist destinations are famous for the idyllic beauty of simple people who are attached to the river all year round, but this has an extremely strong tourist attraction potential. The following article will help you learn and discover the tourist destinations in Can Tho not to be missed:
Table of Contents
Introduction to Can Tho City
Cần Thơ gạo trắng nước trong – Ai đi đến đó lòng không muốn về” is a folk song associated with the rich land of Can Tho. The modernity of the street mixed with the rustic simplicity of the Western garden full of fruit trees all year round is a particularly attractive Can Tho tourist destination of this land. All Can Tho travel guide from A to Z will be introduced to you below
Top 10 famous tourist destinations in Can Tho
Coming to Can Tho, you will experience many famous tourist attractions, the specialties of the river region, and be able to “see” the green orchards with the friendliness and hospitality of the locals. The people here have captivated tourists near and far. Here are the famous tourist destinations in Can Tho that you must visit when you come.
Cai Rang Floating Market
The people of the West are surrounded by rivers all year round, with a gentle and hospitable nature associated with rustic boats. Their lives take place right on the river from eating, sleeping, going to the market, trading, and exchanging goods. Can Tho have a famous market that has been covered in many domestic and international press? That is Cai Rang’s floating market.
- As a floating market on the river, trading activities are held on boats full of excitement, bearing the unmistakable culture of the Western river.
- Cai Rang floating market not only shows the daily life of the people here but also exudes a rustic, simple, and close character that makes visitors unforgettable.
- The items sold on the market are mainly agricultural products and fruits grown by local people. Activities of the market usually take place from 4:30 am – 8 am.
Ninh Kieu Wharf – famous tourist destinations in Can Tho
In addition to the lively and bustling market of exchange and sale, Can Tho tourist destination also has many famous places that have gone into poetry and singing. It even becomes a symbol of the city whenever it is mentioned. If you ask whether Ninh Kieu Can Tho wharf has anything to explore or not, the answer will be that you must definitely visit this place.
- This is the iconic landmark of Can Tho City. Ninh Kieu Wharf dates from the 19th century, also known as Can Tho Park.
- No one comes to Can Tho without setting foot in this famous tourist destination of Can Tho because of its harmonious scenery, located between the confluence of Can Tho and Hau rivers. From here, you can also easily move to other Can Tho tourist destinations
- Inside the Ninh Kieu wharf park area, there is also the Thuy Ta restaurant with many delicious and unique dishes waiting for visitors.
Ong Pagoda is one of the spiritual and religious places and is also a tourist attraction in Can Tho that is interesting to many tourists. With beautiful architecture and located in the city center, you must visit this place when coming to Can Tho.
- With bold Asian architecture, with Chinese characteristics, Ong Pagoda is an ideal check-in place for tourists.
- The pagoda appears brilliant, eye-catching but still ensures the majesty, ancient, and true spiritual space.
- This is also a place that attracts many tourists every year to pray according to Vietnamese spiritual culture.
Sweet Island Cu Lao
Another tourist destination in Can Tho that is also very attractive and enchanting is the sweet island of Cu Lao. Immersing yourself with nature and enjoying local specialties will be an unforgettable impression for many visitors.
- The island has many types of natural gardens, without using chemicals. Guests come to enjoy delicious and aromatic fruits (plums, rambutans, coconuts,…)
- The island has houses for visitors to choose from and rest.
- You should visit the old house of Huan to discover the unique architecture of the house, built-in 1918.
Con Son – famous tourist destinations in Can Tho
If you are looking for a new experience when coming to Can Tho tourist destinations, you cannot ignore Con Son. This will be an interesting place to keep your memorable moments with family members. Con Son Can Tho in recent years has become an impressive tourist destination. Visitors come here to enjoy regional specialties such as cakes, fruits, fish, and shrimp,…
This is a place that attracts many tourists not only domestically but also internationally. In June 2019, British billionaire Joe Lewis, owner of the Tottenham Hotspur football team, chose Con Son as a destination during his return to Can Tho. For billionaire Joe Lewis, on his last visit to Con Son, he was especially impressed with the experience of making cakes at the house of Ms. Bay Muon – an artisan who is capable of making nearly 100 types of folk cakes
Le Loc Eco-tourism Area
- Address: 568A Highway 61B, Ba Lang Ward, Cai Rang District, City. Can Tho
Another attractive tourist destination in Can Tho that must be mentioned is the Le Loc eco-tourism area. This is a typical ecological area of the western river garden. If you have come to Can Tho, do not miss this attractive place.
As a tourist area with an area of up to 2 hectares, this place will bring unique experiences for visitors such as slapping ditches to catch fish, harvesting vegetables, and participating in folk games. In particular, the fruit garden has a variety of fruits, especially the mangosteen tree which is more than 100 years old.
Rach Ke Fruit Garden
- Address: 396A My Nhon – My Khanh Phong Dien district, Can Tho city.
Can Tho is a paradise of orchards and experiences activities associated with the life and culture here. If you come here once, do not miss this famous Can Tho tourist destination, the Rach Ke fruit garden.
Coming here, customers can experience it by climbing down the canal or walking along the small path. Moreover, visitors can also enjoy special dishes such as grilled snails with pepper, grilled snakehead fish, steamed chicken with wine,…
Can Tho Beach – famous tourist destinations in Can Tho
- Address: Song Hau, Cai Khe, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
Located at the end of the S-shaped map, Can Tho is favored by nature for its rich land, beautiful landscape, and mild weather. Traveling here, do not forget to experience Can Tho beach – the artificial beach in Ninh Kieu district will be an extremely interesting experience.
Located far from the city, this is an artificial beach, separate from the hustle and bustle, coming here will bring you and your family a feeling of peace and relaxation. This Can Tho tourist destination is also very suitable for tourists who need rest and sightseeing in Can Tho in the afternoon. You should go to the beach at 4:30 am -10 am to enjoy the cool, relaxing, and fresh air.
Ut Hien Ecological Garden
- Address: No. 605, Area 4, Ba Lang Ward, Cai Rang District, Can Tho City.
Coming to Ut Hien ecological garden, visitors will experience special dishes with many delicious fruits. In addition, visitors will experience the daily life of the people here such as catching fish, making folk cakes,…
Ut Hien ecological garden is a garden with countless fruits and delicious food, which will surely impress visitors from all over the world. Come here to experience the idyllic daily life of the people with activities such as fishing, baking,… This is a green, fresh, rural space, suitable for those who want to travel and explore the peaceful place.
Ong De Tourist Area
Ong De tourist area is a famous tourist destination in Can Tho with cuisine and many interesting folk games. This place is very suitable for tourists traveling in large groups or families with many members.
Above are the beautiful and famous tourist destinations in Can Tho that are loved by many people. If you are planning to travel here, what are you waiting for? Do not experience and discover this wonderful land right away. Vietnam Reviewer hopes that all of you will have a nice trip here. If you have any feedback or need help, please send an email through email@example.com!