This is a question that many tourists want to find out when coming to the “pink lotus” land of Dong Thap. Dong Thap Tourism is not only famous for being the hometown of Thap Muoi lotus fields and colorful flower villages but also home to many other places that attract thousands of tourists to check in every year. Let’s travel to Dong Thap with Vietnam Reviewer to find out about the diversity of Dong Thap Tourism.
Table of Contents
Overview of Dong Thap Province
Dong Thap is located in the southwestern province of the Mekong River Delta and is about 144 km southwest of Ho Chi Minh City. Dong Thap is an interesting tourist destination for every season of the year. Coming here, visitors will feel the peace of the wild, rustic villages and breathe the cool and fresh air in attractive ecological zones.
The best time to travel to Dong Thap
Dong Thap is located in the tropics, with mild sunshine all year round, and a pleasant climate, so you can travel in any season. With two distinct seasons, the rainy season from May to November and the dry season from December to April. The rainy season will have a lot of fruit and lotus fields blooming brilliantly, while the dry season in Tet will have a lot of fruit. Many flowers bloom to welcome Spring. Especially when coming in February, Dong Thap is dyed brilliantly orange when the precious season of Lai Vung is ripe.
However, if you want to enjoy all the beautiful scenery and specialties of Dong Thap, you should come here between August and November of the lunar calendar, also known as the floating season of the western provinces in general.
Choose a means of transportation to Dong Thap
Hanoi – Dong Thap
Bus: There are many bus companies moving from Hanoi to Dong Thap, but you should book tickets in advance for more convenience while traveling. The road is quite far more than 1300 km, so visitors need to prepare a good mind and health for the trip.
Airplane: Visitors can take a plane from Hanoi and Saigon, and then from Saigon to Dong Thap by means of motorbikes or coaches. But this is only suitable for small groups because if you go too many, you will encounter many difficult problems such as time and transportation on this trip.
Many people in the North when they don’t know what Dong Thap has to offer will feel worried because this is a long journey, but Mua Sell is sure that if you take a look at the above interesting attractions, you still want to try it once.
Saigon – Dong Thap
Bus: Phuong Trang and Diamond are always good choices for trips to the West. These are the two bus operators with the most trips per day, so you will have more choices for your trip. The travel time from Saigon to Dong Thap is 3 hours, so you can directly rest on the bus because these two cars do not catch passengers along the way as well as the staff is quite friendly.
Motorbike: This is the right vehicle for those who want to go sightseeing and move to many different places on their own. With a distance of 135 km, it will take 2 to 3 hours to travel by motorbike from Saigon to Dong Thap.
The following will guide you to the fastest route from Saigon to Dong Thap:
From Saigon, go to Binh Thuan Interchange → National Highway 1A → go about 16 km to My Yen, Vinh Loc, then Cross Ben Luc Bridge → go further 14 km to Tan An Bridge → arrive in Long An province → go to Tien Giang → go another 16km to My Tho → turn right on National Highway 1A → go 55 km to An Huu fork into the national highway → go another 33km to Dong Thap.
Related Article: Top 10+ Dong Thap delicious specialties must try
Top 10 most attractive tourist destinations in Dong Thap Tourism
1. Sa Dec Ornamental Flower Village
Coming to Sa Dec flower village, visitors seem to be lost in a world of blooming flowers, radiating fragrance. With more than 100 years old, the village with an area of more than 60 hectares of cultivation specializes in planting and providing flowers, ornamental plants, and bonsai for the Western region as well as other areas at home and abroad.
The best time to visit Sa Dec flower village is from early December to December 23 (lunar calendar). This is the time when many kinds of flowers bloom, colorful and also the main flower harvest season of the year. Thousands of tourists from all over the world come here to take pictures of spring travel with many beautiful flowers in Sa Dec flower village.
- Tickets to visit Sa Dec flower village 2023: free. However, you can use services in the village such as Jeep, umbrella rental, and entrance fee to the flower garden (depending on the location).
- The special features in the flower village: Happy Land Hung Thy, Hong Sa Dec garden, date garden,…
- Address: Tan Quy Dong Commune, Sa Dec City, Dong Thap Province.
2. Xeo Quyt Tourist Area
Xeo Quyt historical relic – Forest is a western tourist destination not to be missed when coming to Dong Thap. Once a revolutionary base during the resistance war against the US to save the country in 1960, today Xeo Quyt Melaleuca forest has become an attractive eco-tourism destination. The forest is about 50 hectares wide with a rich and diverse flora and fauna system with a system of unspoiled mangrove forests.
Visitors will experience the thrill of rowing a three-leaf canoe about 2km through the forest, listening to the mysterious melody of nature. In the dry season, you can walk on the forest trail and have many extreme virtual living corners in the forest.
Besides, you can also visit lotus ponds, huge and colorful guns in the forest. In particular, you can enjoy Western cuisine in the Melaleuca forest.
- Tickets to Xeo Quyt 2023: entrance tickets are 20,000 VND/adult and 10,000 VND/child. Rowing boat fee in the forest: 15,000 VND/pax. In addition, there is a service of double bicycles with the price of 20,000 VND / unit / 30 minutes.
- Address: Hamlet 4, My Hiep Commune, Cao Lanh District, Dong Thap Province.
3. Dong Sen Thap Muoi Eco-tourism Area
Referring to Dong Thap, everyone knows the famous poem “The most beautiful tower of the lotus flower, the most beautiful Vietnam named Uncle Ho”. Coming to Dong Sen Thap Muoi, visitors seem to be entering the world of beautiful, green lotus fields and immerse themselves in the peaceful, elegant and pure space of lotus, “near the mud but not the fishy season. mud”. Besides, this is also an attractive tourist destination in the West, especially in the hot summer.
What to play at Dong Sen Thap Muoi: Take beautiful photos at the lotus pond. Canoeing in the lotus field. Enjoy special dishes and drinks from lotus such as grilled snakehead fish wrapped in lotus leaves, lotus milk, and lotus leaf rice…
- The ideal time to visit: The lotus season blooms from August to November (lunar calendar).
- Tickets to visit Thap Muoi lotus field 2023: Free.
- Address: My Hoa commune, Thap Muoi district, Dong Thap province
4. What to do in Dong Thap Tourism – Tram Chim National Park
This is one of the most famous national parks in Vietnam. With an area of more than 7,000 hectares, Tram Chim is home to a beautiful natural landscape with a diverse flora and fauna ecosystem. The national park is home to more than 130 species of plants, more than 100 species of vertebrates, more than 40 species of fish, and more than 100 species of rare birds such as red-crowned cranes, white-winged geese, yellow geese, pelicans, and old people. Java, naked cranes… Coming here, visitors seem to be immersed in the peaceful nature of the cave with the familiar images of storks flying straight in the field.
Interesting activities in the forest: take a train to visit the forest to see the birds nesting, foraging, canoeing, recreational fishing, and going up to the tower to watch the Melaleuca forest. Enjoy the specialties of the Western River such as grilled snakehead fish, hot pot of Linh Dien Dien fish, crab hotpot, grilled hamster,…
The ideal time to visit: Floating water season from August to November (lunar calendar). The flooded scene, the pink color of the water lily, the lotus petals along with the sounds of the birds create a lively concert music of the whole forest.
- Tickets to visit Tram Chim National Park 2023: 20,000 VND/pax. Tram Chim National Park ticket price is 30,000 VND/person. Boat charter is 500,000 VND (12 km) or 800,000 VND (21 km).
- Address: Hamlet 4, Tam Nong, Dong Thap
5. Huynh Thuy Le’s Ancient House
Huynh Thuy Le’s ancient house can be said to be a place that attracts many tourists, especially foreign tourists when coming to Dong Thap. The house was built by a wealthy Chinese businessman living in Sa Dec built in 1985. The house is beautiful with a harmonious combination of East-West architecture with delicate carved lines. The outside of the house looks like a French villa, but when you go inside, you will be overwhelmed with Chinese architecture, painted with gilded lipstick.
This house is especially famous in the world because it is related to the romance of Mr. Huynh Thuy Le and the French writer – Marguerite Duras. You can watch the movie “The Lover” to know more about this romantic but equally tearful story.
- Tickets to visit Huynh Thuy Le ancient house: 20,000 VND/person (including tour guide, tea and ginger jam). The old house serves lunch for about 200,000 VND / person (need to book in advance). Special bedroom in the old house: 500,000 VND / 1 person / 1 room or 550,000 VND / 2 people / 1 room.
- Address: 255A Nguyen Hue Street, Ward 4, Sa Dec, Dong Thap
6. Lotus Temple (Phuoc Kien Tu)
La Sen Pagoda or Phuoc Kien Pagoda is a temple that many tourists look for every year. The temple was built according to the bold architecture of Buddhism.
The most unique feature at the temple is the giant lotus leaves that many tourists want to take pictures with. You can stand on the lotus leaf and take beautiful photos here. In particular, this lotus leaf can withstand an adult weighing up to 100kg. Besides, guests can pray for peace for their families and loved ones at this sacred temple.
- Tickets to visit La Sen Pagoda: free. Fee for 1 photo session at lotus leaf pagoda: 30,000 VND/pax
- Address: Hoa Tan, Chau Thanh, Dong Thap
7. Lai Vung Tangerine Garden – Dong Thap Tourism
Speaking of Lai Vung, it is impossible not to mention the famous pink tangerine garden near and far. Coming here, you seem to be lost in the paradise of tangerines to enjoy the clean, large, round, succulent, sweet, and attractive tangerines. Lai Vung mandarin garden is usually in the season near Tet. Thousands of tourists from all over the world flock to enjoy the delicious early-season tangerines and take colorful photos here.
- Tickets to visit the mandarin orange garden 2023: 50,000 VND/pax (food included).
- Address: No. 66, Hoa Khanh Hamlet, Vinh Thoi commune, Lai Vung, Dong Thap
8. Date Palm Garden
The garden with more than 100 date palm trees is a unique place that attracts many tourists to take pictures and visit. Coming here, visitors seem to step into a paradise covered with orange-yellow colors like in fairy tales. Dates yellow when ripe will turn brown, and have a special sweet taste. Visitors will be surprised when enjoying it for the first time.
In particular, it takes about 3 years for a date tree to bear fruit, and only bears fruit in the summer, lasting about 2 months.
- Ticket to visit date garden 2023: 20,000 VND/pax (take pictures, enjoy ripe dates)
- Address: Sa Nhien, Tan Quy Dong, Sa Dec, Dong Thap
9. Gao Giong Ecotourism Area – Dong Thap Tourism
As a “green lung” of Dong Thap, the Gao Giong eco-tourism area with an area of 1700 hectares is a great place for tourists who like the peaceful and natural atmosphere in the West. The resort owns nearly 2,000 hectares of Melaleuca forest, a population of 40 hectares with more than 15 rare and precious bird species such as red comb, gong, mallard…
Special activities in Gao Giong: Harmony with the peaceful nature of the Melaleuca forest, watching storks nesting. Occasionally, you can encounter wild animals, monkeys roaming around foraging in the forest. Enjoying canoeing through the canals. Cycling in the Melaleuca forest. Rest and relax at people’s huts. Enjoy the specialties of the Mekong River, especially in the floating season.
- The ideal time to observe: the floating season from the 8th lunar month.
- Address: Hamlet 6, Cao Lanh, Dong Thap, about 17 km from the center of Cao Lanh city.
10. Mausoleum of Vice President Nguyen Sinh Sac
Nguyen Sinh Sac relic is a tourist destination with cultural and historical significance that visitors cannot ignore when coming to Dong Thap. The work with an area of about 3.6 hectares, remembers the gratitude of Mr. Nguyen Sinh Sac – the biological father of President Ho Chi Minh.
The entire tourist area has 3 main areas: Nguyen Sinh Sac’s mausoleum, Uncle Ho’s stilt house next to the fish pond, and lotus lake.
- Ticket price to visit the Mausoleum of Vice President Nguyen Sinh Sac: free.
- Address: 137 Pham Huu Lau, Ward 4, City. Cao Lanh, Dong Thap
11. Go Thap Relic Site
The Go Thap relic site has been recognized as a special national relic of Vietnam. This place was discovered to have many vestiges of ancient architecture, worshiping statues, stone steles, and ancient texts. The mysterious Go Thap relic area with 5 typical monuments is Go Thap Muoi, Co Tu tower, the tomb and the temple of Doc Binh Kieu, Minh Su mound, and Ba Chua Xu temple.
This place is also a complex of relics of the Kingdom of Funan more than 1,500 years ago and there are relics of two periods of resistance against France, against America, and folklore. The mystery and sacredness of the Oc Eo civilization along with historical vestiges and folklore beliefs have created a special feature for this relic.
- Ticket price to visit Go Thap relic site 2023: free
- Address: Located in two communes My Hoa and Tan Kieu, Thap Muoi district, Dong Thap province.
12. Phuong Nam Cultural Tourism Area – Nam Phuong Linh Tu
Dubbed “Hue Ancient Capital” in the South, Phuong Nam Cultural Tourist Area 17 hectares is a complex of cultural – spiritual works and worshiping historical figures in the South.
Nam Phuong Linh Tu attracts many tourists to visit and admire because of its large, unique architectural space and peace of mind.
- Ticket price to visit Nam Phuong Linh from 2023: 30,000 VND/adult (Monday – Friday) and 50,000 VND/adult (Saturday, Sunday)
- Address: Long Hung A, Lap Vo, Dong Thap
13. Dinh Yen Mat Village
Dinh Yen mat village is considered as the “cradle” of traditional mat weaving with an age of more than 100 years. More than 70% of households in the village do mat weaving, which is passed down from generation to generation. Coming to the mat village, visitors will be surprised and delighted by the colorful space with green, red, yellow, white, and purple fibers from the beginning to the end of the alley. Surrounded by the laughter of the uncles and aunts with the clack of the loom resounding throughout the streets.
- Tickets to visit Dinh Yen screening village 2023: free.
- Address: Dinh Yen commune, Lap Vo district, Dong Thap Province
14. Sa Dec Park
Sa Dec Park, also known as Uncle Ho Park. The park is green – clean – beautiful with a very large campus planted with many ornamental trees, and flowers are decorated very meticulously.
The building has a lotus pond with the symbol of 9 dragons representing the land of the Mekong Delta. In the park, there is also a 12.5m high Ho Chi Minh monument and many entertainment facilities for children and sports culture.
- Tickets to Sa Dec Park 2023: free.
- Address: Ton Duc Thang Street, An Hoa Ward, Sa Dec, Dong Thap.
15. Upside-down House in Sa Dec Dong Thap
Sa Dec’s upside-down house is an extremely HOT attraction for tourists when coming to the West. Many visitors must be surprised when admiring the house with the “unique” decorations in the house. This famous house also owns a campus that is no less than a colorful “royal palace”. This is definitely a virtual check-in place that visitors cannot ignore when coming to Dong Thap.
- Ticket price to visit the upside-down house in Dong Thap
- Adults: 60,000 VND/ticket.
- Children from 0.9 m – 1.3 m: 20,000 VND/ticket
- Children under 0.9 m: free
- Address: No. 22/1 Khanh Hoa Hamlet, Tan Khanh Dong Commune, Sa Dec, Dong Thap.
16. Kien An Cung Pagoda
Kien An Cung Pagoda in Sa Dec Dong Thap is an ancient temple built by a group of Chinese people. The temple has a history of nearly 100 years with beauty with unique architecture but no less sacred.
- Address: Tran Hung Dao Street, Ward 1, Sa Dec, Dong Thap.
17. My Phuoc Thanh Eco-tourism Area – Dong Thap Tourism
My Phuoc Thanh eco-tourism area attracts many tourists to visit through experience. Because Dong Thap Tourism is famous for many eco-tourism areas in Southern villages. Therefore, it is no wonder that My Phuoc Thanh tourist area promises to bring many memorable travel experiences to tourists from afar. Just enjoy the beautiful scenery of the peaceful and beautiful western countryside. Just enjoyed many memorable delicacies of this land.
- Address: 264-266 Ton Duc Thang Street, My Phu Ward, Cao Lanh City, Dong Thap Province.
Related Article: Discover Can Tho with top 10 famous tourist destinations
If you want to know what Dong Thap has to offer, you definitely must not ignore this article. Let’s we point through memorable tourist attractions and pocket-friendly experiences when traveling to Dong Thap! Wish you and your family a happy trip. If you have any feedback or need help, please send an email to email@example.com!